Help an Injured Raptor
Contact The Raptor Center
- During business hours, staff members are available to explain how to help injured raptors.
Our main phone number is 612-624-4745.
- During the spring/summer, we admit injured raptors daily between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm.
- A Raptor Center clinician is available by phone for injured raptor consultations until 9:00pm.
- After hours and on weekends please call 612-702-9924.
- We are deeply grateful to those of you who have taken the time to help transport or rescue a raptor patient. If you provided an email at the time of patient admission, we will provide you an update at the time of resolution of the case. While we do not have the resources to respond to multiple requests for updates, we want to ensure that, if interested, you know the outcome of your efforts and are happy to provide this information via email.
Tips for handling injured raptors
1. Please do not attempt to rehabilitate a raptor on your own. Always contact a licensed professional. If you are unsure of who to notify, you can contact The Raptor Center, or appropriate agencies in your area:
- The United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
- Your state's Department of Natural Resources or Department of Game, Fish, and Parks
- Your local sheriff's office
We need your help to support the care and treatment of injured raptors at The Raptor Center.
Examples of how your gift makes a difference for our raptor patients:
$45 = 1 month of food for an eagle
$75 = a radiograph
$100 = initial admission exam
$500 = 2 weeks of medical care & food